Quality Mark Award for Early Years
We are delighted to announce that our school has recently been awarded the Quality Mark Award for Early Years!
Achieving this quality mark celebrates the commitment of our EYFS team to continually improving standards and providing high quality education and provision for our Nursery and Reception children. It represents an external validation and acknowledgement of good provision, practice and performance and is also recognised by OFSTED.
The award involved a process of rigorous self-evaluation against the 10 Early Years Quality Mark Elements:
1. A whole setting strategy to improve children’s abilities and achievements
2. An analysis of the assessment of young children’s abilities and achievements
3. Setting appropriately high expectations for young children’s development
4. Planning ‘next steps’ in learning for young children’s development
5. Regular review of progress made by all children
6. A commitment to improving the skills of all practitioners
7. A balanced use of child-initiated and adult-guided play-based activities
8. The use of appropriate environments and resources
9. Partnership working between families, carers, practitioners and professionals in supporting young children’s learning and development
10. An effective procedure for monitoring planning and assessing improvement in practice and provision
Please see the Visit Feedback Report below.